31" RUSTIC CEDAR SCRATCH POST
Click to enlarge image(s)
RUSTIC CEDAR SCRATCH POST
WITH OR WITHOUT SISAL ROPE
This Rustic Cedar Scratch Post is rugged enough for outdoor use.. The surface of the scratch post is smooth. The ornamental design is not found anywhere else. Give your indoor or outdoor kitty the scratch post it needs for sharpening claws and working out stress or excess energy. Your cat will thank you for it and so will your furniture.
Solid wood construction will stand up to the elements - no plywood or particle board is ever used.
15" x 15" Base
* Add 18" of Sisal Rope - $10 Extra
* Super strong, solid wood construction, absolutely no particle board or plywood.
* No exposed hardware means no metal hot or cold spots - your kitty will thank you
* Weatherproof if used outside - Will age to a fine patino finish
* Environmentally conscious 'green' manufacturing processes
* Sustainably harvested wood from responsibly managed local woodlots
* Local sourcing of wood reduces carbon footprint from transportation.
* No chemical treatments, preventing harsh chemicals from leeching into the ground and water supplies. Stains are not used or needed; left untreated, cedar turns a pleasing silver-gray with exposure to sunlight.
* Absolutely no carpet - carpet is made from petrochemicals - 'nuff said! Wood biodegrades - At the end of its long and useful life, cedar furniture won’t occupy any landfill space. Wood breaks down very quickly in landfills, less than 25 years. Plastics can take up to a millennium to decompose.
* Unfinished cedar will provide many years of service outdoors - no finish is required.
* Cedar is an excellent thermal insulator - that means that even on the hottest days, it is cool to touch, and on cold days it feels warmer.
* Our cedar is natural and untreated (why is this important?)
*** Cedar absorbs and loses moisture slowly, which minimizes the dry cracking, splintering and swelling more characteristic of oak or pine.
*** Cedar has the US Forest Products Laboratory's highest rating for decay and disease resistance.
*** Fresh cedar odor is a mild insect repellent.
*** Our cedar products are shipped in their natural color, reddish tan to creamy white. The color changes evenly over time to a silver gray. Water-based or oil stains will delay the weathering process.
*** Develops a weathered, silver grey patina in one year for most climates.
** Minimal Assembly required
Hand made in the USA
Ships directly from the manufacturer in Oregon in 1 to 2 weeks
Shipping - $25.00 UPS Ground